At welcometo.travel (Welcome) we understand that how we collect, use, disclose and protect your information is important to you.
From now on, ‘Welcome, ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ refer to To.Travel Pty. Ltd, an Australian limited liability Company with seat in 2/11 Balaclava Road, St Kilda East, Australia. You can contact us at +61 450 703 780 and firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect about you
Depending on the circumstances, in the course of providing a service to you, Welcome may collect and hold personal information and data such as:
- your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, medical information and travel insurance details (where applicable);
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries; and.
All personal data concerning you that we may collect and hold will be either personal information provided by you, or information transferred by a third party with the exclusive purpose of helping us providing the services contracted by you. Your data will be used for no other purpose than providing our services to you, unless we have your explicit consent. You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, opposition or deletion concerning your personal data by directly contacting in the addresses provided above.
If you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we may also collect information that is not personal information to improve the experience for our customers. This information may include the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. We cannot identify you individually from this information. Some of this information is collected using cookies.
When you are travelling with us, we may take video and images of you that may be used in brochures, in our advertising or on our website. All participants of Welcome trips authorise us to use his/her image (such as a photograph, videotape, film or pictorial representation or recorded voice). If you do not wish for this to happen, please notify us in writing using the contact details above.
How do we collect personal information?
You may volunteer this information when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, register interest for and/or enter a competition, subscribe to one of our newsletters, use our website(s)/apps, link to or from our website(s)/apps, connect with us via social media, by speaking to a consultant in-store or any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
We may also receive the information from a third party, for example:
- from people making travel bookings on your behalf;
- from partners performing services on our behalf; and
- your insurer, their agents or medical staff may disclose relevant information and sensitive personal information with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
Why do we collect, use, hold and disclose your information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- administering services we are providing to you such as arranging your tour booking
- manage our relationship with you, including updates about your tour booking and handling complaints
- to contact you in the event of an emergency
- combining information collected from you at different times for the purpose of research and analysis to provide a better customer experience, including customising online content for you
- to identify and tell you about services we think you may be interested in, including sending email newsletters or sending printed materials to your postal address
- providing relevant information, which may include sensitive personal information, to insurers, their agents and medical staff in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
- to make improvements to our site(s) and make it easier to find the information you are looking for.
When you provide your email address to Welcome to make an online booking, your contact details may be retained even if the transaction is not completed. These details are captured using a secure service. This is so we can assist you in future with online bookings, and as a result of this you may receive a follow up enquiry email. This email will contain information on what action, if any, you can choose that will direct us to cease any further contact with you or destroy the personal information we have collected about you.
How long will be hold your information?
We are only permitted to store your personal information for as long as necessary having regard to the purpose for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors or third party service providers located in the UK / EEA or overseas for the purposes of the operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, managing your bookings, responding to your enquiries and to otherwise provide products and services to you, including, without limitation, to airlines, tour companies, travel agencies, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants.
- We may disclose your personal information to external parties for research purposes and to identify other services you may be interested in, in accordance with our ‘Marketing and Privacy’ statement below.
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances without your consent where we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), where disclosure is authorised or required by law or disclosure is otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws. In order for you to travel abroad, we may disclose your personal information where disclosure is required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination to process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes.
Trans-border data flows
When you provide, or otherwise allow us to collect, your personal information, you consent to your personal information being disclosed to relevant related overseas entities and third party overseas recipients, as set out below.
Where we disclose your information to our related overseas entities, we require that appropriate confidentiality and security measures are in place.
We deal with many different service providers all over the world, so it is not possible for us to set out in this Policy all of the different countries to which we may send your personal information. However, if you have any specific questions about where or to whom your personal information will be sent, please contact us in writing using the contact details below.
How do I access and correct my personal information?
You can enquire about personal information we hold about you by using the contact details above. We will need to verify your identity before disclosing personal information. Please allow up to 10 business days for us to process your request, however we will endeavour to deal with your request sooner.
You can ask us to update any inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date information we hold about you using the contact details below. There is no fee to make an enquiry or request in relation to your information, or for us to add to, correct or update our records.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
Marketing and privacy
We may from time to time use your personal information to identify new or existing products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may communicate this via email, phone or your postal address. If you no longer wish to receive these updates via email, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the message. You can contact us using the contact details below to opt-out of receiving phone and postal updates. You can opt-in in future if you wish to receive these updates again.
Lodging a complaint
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. Our Privacy Officer deals with privacy complaints and any complaints should be directed to our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
Last updated: 8 July 2017