PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
At Welcome to Travel, we understand that how we collect, use, and disclose your personal information is important to you, and we are committed to protecting it
You can contact us on +61 3 9939 3006 or [email protected]ravel.
Information we collect about you
Depending on the circumstances and for the purpose of providing a service to you, we may collect and hold various types of personal information and data. These may include:
- your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, visa details, medical information, travel insurance details and payment details (where applicable);
- details of the products and services you have purchased with or through us or that you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries.
All personal data concerning you that we may collect and hold will be either personal information provided by you, or information transferred by a third party with the exclusive purpose of helping us provide the services contracted by you. Your data will be used for no other purpose than delivering these services to you, unless we have your explicit consent. You can exercise your rights of access, rectification, opposition or deletion concerning your personal data by directly contacting us via the details provided above.
When you are travelling with us, we may take videos or images of you that may be used in our promotional materials, on our website or on our social media channels. It is assumed that all participants of Welcome to Travel tours authorise us to use his/her photograph, voice recording, or video recording, unless otherwise stated. If you do not wish for this to happen, please notify us in writing using the contact details above.
How do we collect your personal information?
You may also volunteer personal information in any of the following scenarios: when you request information from us, fill out a physical or online form, contact us in person or over the phone (and vice versa), make a booking for a travel service with or through us, enquire about a travel service over email, the phone, social media or in person, register interest for and/or enter a competition, subscribe to one of our newsletters, link to or from our website, connect with us via social media platforms, or speak to a consultant in-store or any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
We may also receive the information from a third party, for example:
- from people making travel bookings on your behalf and any intermediaries;
- from partners performing services on our behalf and any intermediaries; or
- your insurer, their agents or medical staff who may need to disclose relevant, sensitive personal information with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf, in the interest of passengers or in the event of an emergency.
Why do we collect, use, hold or disclose your information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- to deliver travel services to you such as responding to your travel enquiries, providing travel advice, arranging your travel booking or any other related travel service.
- to effectively communicate with you and manage our relationship with you, including providing updates on (but not exclusive to) bookings, complaints and any ongoing enquiries or requests.
- to contact you or your next of kin in the event of an emergency and to provide any relevant information to insurers, their agents or medical staff in circumstances where we/they would need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers.
- for the purpose of research and analysis aimed at providing a better customer experience and improving our business, systems and website.
- to identify and inform you about services we think you may be interested in, such as email newsletters or updates.
- to collect and make payments.
- to seek feedback from you to further develop and improve our products and services.
- to operate our website and to make improvements to our site(s) and make it easier for you to find the information you are looking for and that is most relevant to you and your preferences.
When you provide your email address to Welcome to Travel to make an online booking, your contact details may be retained even if the booking is never finalised. These details are captured using a secure service. This is so we can assist you in the future with online bookings, and as a result of this you may receive a follow up enquiry email. This email will give you the option to request for us to cease any further contact with you or delete the personal information we have collected from you, should you wish for us to do so.
How long will we hold your information for?
We are only permitted to store your personal information for as long as necessary, depending on the purpose for which it was collected, or longer if required by law. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us should you require our services again.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose your personal information to the following:
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors or third party service providers located in Australia or overseas including but not limited to: airlines, tour companies, travel agencies, accommodation providers, car rental agencies, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants.
- We may disclose your personal information to external parties for research purposes and to identify other services you may be interested in, in accordance with our ‘Marketing and Privacy’ statement below.
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances without your consent where disclosure is required by law, or if we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences). In order for you to travel abroad, we may disclose your personal information where disclosure is required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination to process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes.
Will my information be disclosed to overseas entities?
When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to it potentially being disclosed to relevant related overseas entities and third party overseas recipients.
If you have any specific questions about where or to whom your personal information will be sent, please contact us in writing using the contact details above.
How will you keep my personal information and data secure?
We are committed to doing everything within our reasonable power to protect and respect your privacy. We have undertaken the appropriate administrative measures and implemented physical and technical safeguards to avoid any unlawful handling or unauthorised access/use of your personal information. Your personal information is stored within systems that are only accessible by the appropriate employees at Welcome to Travel and is only passed on to third parties that may need it for practical reasons. Welcome to Travel is however not responsible for the security measures or lackthereof undertaken by any third party entity.
When payments are made online, card and bank details are stored within encrypted systems that we cannot manipulate – this means that we can charge and refund you on the same card/with the same details used for the transaction, but we cannot gain access to your card number or make any unauthorised charges.
How do I access and correct my personal information?
You have a right to enquire about what types of your personal information we may be handling and what we are using it for by using the contact details listed above. We will need to verify your identity before disclosing personal information. Please allow up to 10 business days for us to process your request, however we will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible.
You also have a right to request for us to update any inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date information we hold about you. There is no fee to make an enquiry or request in relation to your information, or for us to add to, correct or update our records. You can also request to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold, or request for us to stop using it or to delete it.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if it would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
Marketing and privacy
We may from time to time use your personal or contact information to identify new or existing products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may communicate this via email, phone or your postal address. If you no longer wish to receive promotions, marketing materials or updates via email, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the message. You can contact us using the contact details above to opt-out of updates via other mediums. You can opt-in in future if you wish to receive these updates again.
Lodging a complaint
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.